Our story as a church begins in 1911 with the arrival of George and Sarah Broome from Hamilton, Ontario. George was the 21st settler to acquire land here. George started a farm, raising chickens and cutting cedar shingles. Sarah started a Sunday School; it opened with six pupils on Sunday, June 11, 1911. With the arrival of more settlers an invitation was sent to the Methodist College in New Westminster to send someone to preach. The first to fill the appointment was Frank A. M. Coad, a student. He walked up here from Kingsway Avenue with his violin under his arm to provide music for the service. He was paid $5. In 1913, the first ordained minister arrived, Rev. W. J. Beamish. The first entry in the circuit register show 13 members at Cliff Avenue. Sunday services took place in local public schools until the congregation grew larger. In 1925, the Methodist Church became part of the United Church of Canada. Our first church, still standing today, was built and dedicated on Sunday, November 6th, 1927. As more people arrived, the church continued to grow. On Sunday, September 13th, 1959, the current building was dedicated.