CLIFF AVENUE UNITED CHURCH RESPONSE TO THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC As of March 17, 2020
The Board has implemented the following recommendations for activities at the church.
1. The Church services at the building will be suspended starting March 22nd until further notice. On-line links to United Church worship resources will be provided.
2. Small group meetings will be conducted by phone, email, and/or other electronic media methods. Any in person meetings will exercise social distancing and hand hygiene protocols.
3. All groups using the building are asked to increase the cleaning and sanitizing of the items you use. We will be deepening the cleaning of the building and the many surfaces within it. We are all in this together, so everyone must do their part. Hand hygiene, surface cleaning, and social distancing protocols are required.
4. Pastoral visits to assisted living, other retirement institutions and with those at increased risk will be suspended except for pastoral emergencies or other unusual circumstances.
5. Communion will be cancelled until the threat of transmission is over.
6. Gatherings of any sort that involves providing food are cancelled until further notice.
7. Please provide your group with hand sanitizer. At present the Church is unable to provide the supply.
8. Any coming to the church for any purpose are urged to follow the guidelines of frequent handwashing, coughing or sneezing into your elbow and keeping a yard (meter) away from others. Keep the social distance of 3- 6 feet away from others. And if you are sick, self-isolate and STAY HOME! Be careful, not fearful!
9. Pray for one another, call, send cards, and emails to stay connected.
10. The church office is closed. However, the Board and staff of Cliff Ave. UC is still “at work” on your behalf.